Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rusty, Worn Out Old Hooker



I tend my small market garden here at the compound. Through the years I've stumbled upon several horseshoes and some arrowhead fragments (some friends of mine search the fields after harvest and have compiled pretty impressive collections of complete Indian arrowheads, spearheads and tomahawk heads.) My latest find, however is post-stone-age, a hand-forged hook that must date back to the middle 19th century.

The gold nugget I'm keeping an eye out for still eludes me.





6 comments:

  1. Nice artifact there. Sounds like a lot of history buried in your compound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key to musical hit is a catchy hook. Hey, I heard storms a brewin' for you guys in red state Amëŕïćä. Batten down those hatches and sty dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In other news it is getting harder and harder to prove Im not a robot when leaving a comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, everything will be just fine as long as they never find the ex-wife's body.

    Logic dictates that you can not prove a negative. It would be impossible to prove, for instance, that we are all not robots doing the bidding of some deranged puppet master like Mr. Rogers or Tone Loc.

    Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Evil Comments Box.

    Yeah, I'm hitting the sauce early today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't just stand there bust a move. I get paid to do the wild thing.

      Delete
  5. 'Small' is an interesting definition for your garden mate, nice hook too.

    ReplyDelete