Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fifth Time's a Charm








Finally got some fender struts bent the way I wanted. I had an idea in mind, but the finished product never quite looked right to me. First attempts were with 1/2' stock, but it looked too heavy. 3/8 stock seemed to have the right "feel." I eventually got one to house a Biltwell tail light without looking too awkward.

At top is a picture in futility. The four scrapped attempts lined up like errant schoolboys awaiting expulsion.

This thing is scheduled for completion in 2024........maybe.
















8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mama, Hope you're recovered from your broken drive belt incident. Ouch!

      Delete
  2. What our fair French Mama says, nice job . . . four pairs of spread legs awaiting impalement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More stuff to take to the swap meet, or legs for an arachnid lawn sculpture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think an arachnid lawn sculpture would be ca great use for these.

      Delete
    2. Yes Larry, that is brilliant!
      I'm going to keep my eye out for a body and some evil eyes. I have some old horse shoes for pinchers.
      Maybe an evil, Orwellian War of the Worlds monster?

      Delete
  4. 2024? I would like to purchase that bike then. I should hopefully have learned how to ride one by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be all yours Laura, by the time I finish this my legs will have given out and I won't be able to ride anyway.

      Delete